Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Christopher J. Piasecki joined the firm in 1998 after graduating from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans. He is involved in a wide-range of practice areas at Davidson, Meaux, Sonnier & McElligott, including General Trial Practice and Insurance Defense, Employment Law, Personal Injury, Collections, Bankruptcy, Products Liability, Premises Liability, Commercial and Business Litigation contracts, and Oilfield Remediation Matters.
In conjunction with the aforementioned practice areas, he works in the representation of several businesses in the Acadiana area, including a local Electric Cooperative Corporation, several clients involved in the sale of petroleum products and petroleum related services, clients in the retail industry, and various other clients in a wide-array of practice areas.
Christopher is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Lafayette Parish Bar Association, the Bar Association of the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Southwest Louisiana Bankruptcy Bar Association, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and is a member of the National Registry of Who’s Who. He is admitted to practice in the several U.S. Federal Courts in Louisiana, including the Western, Eastern, and Middle District Courts as well as the U.S. Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Christopher was born in Sterlington, Louisiana in 1972 and admitted to the Louisiana State Bar in 1998. He received his B.A. degree from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 1994 and his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans in 1998.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, Collections And Creditors’ Rights
- Class Action Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Louisiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. – 1998
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- B.A. – 1994
Honors and Awards
- Member, National Registry of Who’s Who
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of the U.S. Fifth Federal Circuit, Member
- Southwest Louisiana Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member