Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Kevin M. Dills is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana who has called Lafayette home since his days at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (then the University of Southwestern Louisiana) where he earned a degree in business. Kevin holds a law degree from Louisiana State University and is licensed to practice in all Louisiana state and federal courts. He is a member of multiple associations, including the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, through which he has spoken nationally on topics such as federal preemption and the Federal Employer’s Liability Act (“FELA”).
Kevin joined Davidson Meaux in 2004 where his practice has focused on defense of railroad companies, admiralty/maritime, appellate practice, insurance defense, personal injury litigation, and complex contractual indemnity issues. His passion is the courtroom and he has successfully litigated multiple cases on the aforementioned topics from the trial court through appeal. Outside of the trial court setting, Kevin’s other legal passion of writing is fed through appellate work.
Away from his practice, Kevin enjoys raising two young boys with his wife Stacey Landry Dills. He is a huge fan of sports and has long been an avid golfer.
Areas of Practice
- Railroad Defense Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Maritime Litigation
- Contractual Indemnity Litigation
- Appellate Practice and Procedure
- Personal Injury Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana – 2004
- University of Louisiana, Lafayette
- Business Administration – 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member