Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Mark C. Andrus In 2005, Mark Andrus, then a partner in the firm, left to become general counsel for Dwight W. Andrus Insurance, Inc., a major independent insurance agency, and related companies. He remains of counsel to the firm, and continues to provide services to certain existing clients and consult on matters for other clients at the request of members of the firm.
His current practice areas are business transactions and leasing, bankruptcy law, insurance law, and insurance and real estate agency law. He has worked extensively in the areas of bankruptcy litigation, secured and unsecured collections, creditors’ rights, UCC litigation, contract disputes, construction claims, fraud, unfair trade practices, shareholder and partner disputes, and has experience with numerous other types of business litigation matters. His transactional practice includes financial and loan transactions, corporate and limited liability company formations, business acquisitions, restructurings and workouts, real estate, commercial leasing and general contract work.
Mr. Andrus is an Assistant Examiner for the Committee of Bar Admissions, Supreme Court of the State of Louisiana, on the subjects of conventional obligations and contracts; sale and exchange; agency; security rights; liberative prescription; commercial laws; secured transactions; and conflict of laws.
Mr. Andrus was born in Lafayette, Louisiana in 1955. He obtained his B.A. (1977) and J.D. (1980) degrees from Louisiana State University.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, Collections and Creditors’ Rights
- Business, Commercial
- Corporate, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships
- Real Estate
- Transportation and Utilities
- Louisiana, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. – 1980
- Louisiana State University
- B.A. – 1977
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Supreme Court of the State of Louisiana, Assistant Examiner, Committee on Bar Admissions
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member