Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Email: Email Me
Robert D. Felder was born in Lafayette, Louisiana and attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge where he received his B.A. in 2002 as well as his law degree in 2009. During law school Robert served as a Senior Editor on the Board of Editors for the Louisiana Law Review. In 2009, Robert’s law review article “A Coroner System in Crisis: The Scandals and Struggles Plaguing Louisiana Death Investigation” was published in Volume 69 of the Louisiana Law Review. Prior to law school Robert worked as a medicolegal investigator for the Lafayette Parish Coroner’s Office.
Robert is a member of the Lafayette Parish Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, DRI (Defense Research Institute), and the Federal Bar Association. He is also a member of the National Association of Railroad Trial counsel. Robert is also an active member of the Lafayette Young Lawyers’ Association, serving on its Board of Directors since 2012.
Robert is admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, all U.S. District Courts in Louisiana, and all Louisiana State Courts.
Robert joined Davidson Meaux in 2011 where his practice has focused on defense of railroad companies, commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, drug and medical device litigation, appellate practice, and insurance defense. Robert enjoys working both in the courtroom as well as handling issues at courts of appeal. He has successfully litigated a wide variety of cases in the trial court level as well as through various levels of appeal. In 2015, Robert successfully argued Thompson v. Winn Dixie at the Louisiana Supreme Court.
Away from his litigation practice, Robert enjoys raising his two daughters with his wife Lauren. Robert is also an avid tennis player.
Areas of Practice
- Railroad Defense Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Drug and Medical Device Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Appellate Practice and Procedure
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
All Louisiana State Courts
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D/D.C.L. – 2009
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A. – 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
- Lafayette Young Lawyers’ Association, Member